History

BIN 220 was established in 2005.

229 Front Street was built as a row in 1798-1800 and is among the earliest structures of the district buildings.

Peter Schermerhorn and Ebenezer Stevens purchased the land from William Beekman in 1795. The buildings housed Schermerhorns ship chandlery and offices for Stevens shipping fleet and liquor importing business.The row was altered by 1858 reflecting the influence of the Greek Revival style and in 2005 was restored by Yarrow LLC.